Orchesis to hold fundraising gala

Orchesis+students+dancing+at+spring+performance.+Photo+courtesy+of+Jeff+Doles.+

Orchesis students dancing at spring performance. Photo courtesy of Jeff Doles.

The 2022 Orchesis Gala is a fundraising event that will take place on Sunday, May 1 at Avante Banquets at 1050 Northwest Highway, Fox River Grove, IL. The event, which will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., aims to raise funds for Orchesis guest artists and teachers, costumes and other various expenses.

“Orchesis is a self-funded school activity, meaning our company’s funds come from concert ticket revenue, fundraisers and yearly company member dues,” Orchesis Dance Company Assistant Director Stephanie Naumowicz said.

The funds help run the Orchesis Dance Company which consists of over 50 high school dancers.

Anyone can attend the gala. The event includes raffle baskets with items such as gift cards to local stores, salons and restaurants. Guests can prepay for raffle basket tickets which cost $5, $10 or $20. Guests can also bring $20 in cash the day of the event to participate in the Impact Jewelry Raffle, as well.

The event will feature highlights from the Orchesis Spring Concert. The performance will take place at 1 p.m. Lunch will be served shortly afterwards at 1:30 p.m. Following the performance, the dance floor will be open to all guests.

Guests must reserve seats by Sunday, April 24 at 12 p.m. Tickets for adults cost $60 while student tickets cost $45. Tickets for children 12 and under cost $30. One table at the gala seats 10 people. Tickets for the gala can be purchased through the following link: https://www.vancoevents.com/us/events/landing?eid=20409&