The RoundUp

• November 2TBA Girls V- Volleyball

Shane Dawson sociopath series

Bridgette Caulfield, Staff Writer

Lately, millions have been buzzing about Shane Dawson’s new Youtube series, “The Mind of Jake Paul.” Part one of the eight part series aired on September 25, and viewers have been holding their breath  for the next installments of the riveting series to come out. The series has been popping up on the trending page a lot this past month, capturing the attention of millions. Dawson’s new series has gotten very mixed reviews. Many viewers find the series to be interesting while others may say he is overreacting and it is very dramatized.

It would be wrong to say that everyone was as excited as I was for Dawson’s new series. I have heard the Paul name in the media a lot and it was fascinating to see the different sides to many of the stories I previously only knew one side of. Many viewers have seen the reckless behavior from Paul over the last two years and found the explanationsto be intriguing.

Others believe that his reactions in the second part, The Dark Side of Jake Paul, were overreacted and ingenuine. Aside from that, there were also controversies about the whole idea of the series. Many long-term viewers of Shane Dawson are upset about the series and threatening not to watch. They don’t want Dawson to give Paul a platform and feel he isn’t deserving of pity.

Dawson was trying to diagnose not only Paul but other Youtubers as sociopaths or having some kind of mental illness, despite the disclaimers at the beginning of the video. They say that Dawson is not a doctor and therefore should not be allowed to diagnose people, especially people who did not ask for it. It doesn’t end there. Viewers have claimed that Dawson is shedding the mental illness in a bad light. While it does have a bad side, as all things do, it not always is. Dawson was only talking about how dangerous it can be and the horror movie editing wasn’t helping. Viewers complained about the editing and Dawson responded on Twitter with, “I understand why people are upset. I definitely went overboard with the horror movie editing but that’s cause I got excited & love editing horror. But I’m going to be more sensitive with the editing going forward. The last thing I want it to hurt anyone. 🙁 It’s never my intention.”

• Shane Dawson sociopath series

Around BHS

A deeper look at the courtyards

• Shane Dawson sociopath series

Around BHS

Janitors: behind the scenes

• Shane Dawson sociopath series

Around BHS

Super-food heroes

• Shane Dawson sociopath series

Around BHS

Summer around the world

• Shane Dawson sociopath series

Columnists

Life HACKED.

• Shane Dawson sociopath series

Columnists

Madi’s declassified survival guide: how to tell your crush you like them

• Columnists

The life of an American teen: Dealing with demons

• Columnists

Current affairs: education from Tiegan

• Shane Dawson sociopath series

News

Barrington goes global

• Opinion

A deeper look into how blended classes positively impact students

The Student News Site of Barrington High School
Shane Dawson sociopath series