The RoundUp

• November 2TBA Girls V- Volleyball

Playlist of the month

Luke Rassmussen, Staff Writer

My Mind is for Sale – Jack Johnson

If you know anything about Jack Johnson, he’s all about good vibes. Johnson’s beach bum type melodies give some serious mellow vibes to listeners. “My Mind is for Sale” is the perfect song for studying, car rides and just times when you’re trying to chill. Personally, I like “My Mind is For Sale” because of it’s mellow melodies, which makes it a perfect song for when you’re just trying to relax.

Beast of Burden- The Rolling Stones

“Beast of Burden” by the Rolling Stones is one of my all-time favorite songs and a Rolling Stones classic. Starting off with a classic Keith Richards riff, “Beast of Burden” isn’t about mellow vibes like Jack Johnson’s songs, but it still has a slower rhythm, with a pause between chords that makes it a super easy listen for anybody.

Valerie- Amy Winehouse

Although “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse was actually originally written and performed by somebody else, I like Amy Winehouse’s version much better. “Valerie” is a slowed down, almost R&B type song, which makes it a much easier listen.

The Sound of Sunshine- Michael Franti and Spearhead

“The Sound of Sunshine” is all about good vibes with it’s upbeat, acoustic tempo. As one of my go-to listens during my wrestling warm-up as well as one of my favorite songs to listen to when doing homework, it’s a really versatile song that could be played for any situation.

Only the Wild Ones- Dispatch

As one of my all-time favorite songs, I also like listening to “Only the Wild Ones” when warming up for wrestling matches. With good melodies throughout the whole song, “Only the Wild Ones” is probably one of the best songs for hikes and hammocking due to the constant references to exploring. Personally, this is one of my go-to’s when I use my Eno.

Why Georgia- John Mayer

John Mayer is a relatively well-known name, and in my opinion, “Why Georgia” may be his best song yet. In my opinion, “Why Georgia’’ is a song for anybody, no matter what your music preferences may be.  

Cassidy- Brett Dennen

Everybody has that one song, that they keep listening to on repeat, because of how good it is. For me, that song has been “Cassidy” by Brett Dennen– for the last 4 months. “Cassidy” was my go-to at the nationals for wrestling, because it helped me calm down before my big matches. Whether you like the other songs on this playlist or not, I’d highly recommend giving “Cassidy” a listen, because it’s mellow vibes make it the perfect song for when you’re just trying to chill.

• Columnists

The life of an American teen: Dealing with demons

• Columnists

Current affairs: education from Tiegan

• Opinion

A deeper look into how blended classes positively impact students

• Playlist of the month

Opinion

Escaping ‘Borington’ in a couple miles

• Playlist of the month

Opinion

Not so scary movies

• Playlist of the month

Opinion

More than mispronounced

• Playlist of the month

Opinion

Positive peer pressures

• Playlist of the month

Opinion

100 words on water

• Playlist of the month

Opinion

PDA in the hallways, please stop!

• Playlist of the month

Opinion

Dear juniors, it’ll be alright

The Student News Site of Barrington High School
Playlist of the month