Upcoming Events
  • April 25, 25 & 27 - 12 Angry Jurors, Spring Mainstage Play
  • April 30 - Spring Orchestra Concert
The Student News Site of Barrington High School

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

The RoundUp

Get in the know with Knowunity

The Knowunity icon. The app is available free on the app store.
Ruby Nass

Finals are right around the corner and I am done gatekeeping this amazing app. If you’re like me and don’t memorize things well, you definitely won’t remember what we’ve learned at the start of the year. Thanks to the App Knowunity, I can quickly and effectively study for finals. Knowunity is a lifesaver.

This app, free on the Apple App Store, is my go-to for last-minute cramming. Just log in with your Apple or Google account, and you’re good to go. Knowunity lets you type in a subject on the search bar and it provides you with notes on that given topic. Whether you are learning Quadratics, stoichiometry, the battle of Gettysburg catching up on a book, knowunity will help you re-learn the topic.

I found this App through Instagram and it is something that I constantly go back to especially when I don’t understand a unit in a subject I’m in. High school is hard and the rigorous work we often learn is taught to us in a very concise manner and I often find myself struggling to comprehend what I’m doing or the thought process behind it.
I know what you’re wondering: why can’t “I” just google this? Well for starters, you can. However, you still might not understand how to apply the information to an equation or question. Since Knowunity is a community App made up of real people, students can post notes that contain step-by-step tutorials, it can sympathize with the users’ needs. I use Knowunity when I’m behind on a subject, before a test, or when I want to get ahead.

I often find myself following along with my teacher during a class lecture with these notes. This is another perk of having a community made up of students. These notes are organized similarly to how you would learn them during class, whether it’s step-by-step or chronologically. Thus I have rated this app a 5/5 because of how versatile it is. I have gotten many of my friends on Knowity, So what are you waiting for? Head to the App Store, grab Knowunity, and let us enter your studious era.

Notes on organic chemistry posted to the Knowunity app. Photo courtesy of Jen, a Knowunity user.