The weather is warming on this Wednesday… it’s the perfect time for a Human of Barrington! Keep reading to find out how sophomore Olivia Paik felt and processed 2020’s quarantine. “During quarantine, I felt like it was never going to end. I thought we were going back to school after spring break. Then I thought we were going back in May, Then it was August. Now in October, we’re still in quarantine. This pandemic just seems never ending and events that I was looking forward to, one by one got cancelled. During these uncertain times, it’s sometimes hard to stay positive. To stay positive, I just tried to think of quarantine as a way I could take time for myself to relax and do things I normally didn’t have a whole lot of time for before. I also tried to keep in contact with my friends and played video games with them. It was also really boring during quarantine. So to pass the time, I read some new books. I like to read, so I read some books that I had been wanting to start for a while but didn’t have the time. I also watched movies and tv shows to pass the time. Some new ones, and some I rewatched. I tried to stay fit and healthy by running on the treadmill and doing spin classes. I also went on bike rides, walks, and runs with my friends while social distancing. Once the tennis courts opened up, I played tennis frequently as well. This quarantine has taught me that life can change in a second. Having been out of the school environment for almost seven months has been interesting and different. I don’t think the world will experience a pandemic this big in a long time.”Olivia Paik, sophomore. Interviewed by Becca Li.

The weather is warming on this Wednesday... it’s the perfect time for a Human of Barrington! Keep reading to find out how sophomore Olivia Paik felt and processed 2020’s quarantine. “During quarantine, I felt like it was never going to end. I thought we were going back to school after spring break. Then I thought we were going back in May, Then it was August. Now in October, we’re still in quarantine. This pandemic just seems never ending and events that I was looking forward to, one by one got cancelled. During these uncertain times, it’s sometimes hard to stay positive. To stay positive, I just tried to think of quarantine as a way I could take time for myself to relax and do things I normally didn’t have a whole lot of time for before. I also tried to keep in contact with my friends and played video games with them. It was also really boring during quarantine. So to pass the time, I read some new books. I like to read, so I read some books that I had been wanting to start for a while but didn’t have the time. I also watched movies and tv shows to pass the time. Some new ones, and some I rewatched. I tried to stay fit and healthy by running on the treadmill and doing spin classes. I also went on bike rides, walks, and runs with my friends while social distancing. Once the tennis courts opened up, I played tennis frequently as well. This quarantine has taught me that life can change in a second. Having been out of the school environment for almost seven months has been interesting and different. I don’t think the world will experience a pandemic this big in a long time.”Olivia Paik, sophomore. Interviewed by Becca Li.