Upcoming production: James and the Giant Peach

The fine arts students will be performing James and the Giant Peach on Thursday, April 28 at 7 p.m., Friday, April 29 at 7 p.m. and Saturday April 30 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m in the auditorium. Tickets can be purchased at https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?show=135486

The show is based on the childrens’ novel James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl, in which James, an orphan living with his abusive aunts, is sucked into a giant peach in his backyard where he is greeted by some bugs.

“I play the [giant] grasshopper. There’s a lot of things about him. He’s got a connection to classical music, he plays the fiddle, he is a father figure for James, very, very fun role. Very spunky,” actor, senior Josh Fermin, said.

Aside from the grasshopper, there are other roles featured as well like Earthworm and Spider. Not only are there bugs and humans present on stage, but behind the scenes students are working as well to put the show together.

“Student directing has been fun since usually I’m an actor, but working a bit more behind the table and seeing the whole process from callbacks to the show next week… it’s almost inspiring seeing the show being built from the ground up. You’re there to witness it all while making little creative decisions along the way,” student director, senior Imran Rizvi, said.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The RoundUp (@theroundupbhs)